We’ve all been there. You have a date or an important meeting and you wake up to see a big pimple and it’s not pretty. You think that’s all people will look at…the big, angry red zit on your cheek or forehead. And what you really want them to see is a perfectly put together and confident package. Don’t worry. This website has natural and medical tips to help you get rid of acne fast and keep it gone. It will require persistence and diligence. And the most important thing? Don’t scrub at the offending pimple.
What is acne?
Acne is a skin lesion caused by blockage of the follicle ducts of the sebum glands. It normally affects many people and especially the young people during puberty. Most people experience acne between the ages of twelve and twenty five years. The symptoms of acne are the appearance of blackheads, papules, cysts, whiteheads and pustules.
Acne is the most common skin condition in the world. The common types of acne appear on the face, chest, shoulders, back and neck. Most people who suffer from acne tend to scrub, rub and pick or squeeze their blemishes but this is wrong because they leave dark marks which could turn into scars.
The actual causes of acne are not clear, and seems to be different for each person. Some of us go through high school with horrible acne, while others barely get an oily shine. It is also not certain why acne starts during adolescence, but is probably related to hormones, and that’s why some people have acne through their thirties and into their forties while others stop in their twenties.
- Acne can be as a result of:
- Dirt and other pollutants on the skin
- Hormonal changes
Some people tend to believe that chocolate, seafood, oil, sugar, milk and other food stuffs cause acne but there is no evidence to back this up.
- The causes of adult acne are:
- Hormonal imbalances
- Bad cosmetics
- Birth control pills
- Sweat and high humidity on the skin
- Stress (it never leaves, does it)
Simple ways to get rid of acne
People are advised to use very harsh skin drying products but this is not the best solution for it since our t-zones may be oily while others are dry.
The simple and effective ways to get rid of acne include:
- First and foremost it is important to visit a dermatologist who will make you aware of this condition and will also give you possible solutions.
- It is possible to get rid of a pimple by freezing it. Once you realize a developing pimple on the skin, clean your face to get rid of the oil then place frozen ice wrapped in a towel on the area. This is done before the pimple breaks out.
- Adopt good hygiene. It is important to remove makeup before going to bed since it clogs the skin pores thus causing acne. It is also important to make use of facial cleansers that refresh the skin and open pores.
- Another method of dealing with acne is heating them. It is appropriate to scrub and clean the face then apply a hot compress on this pimple using a cloth dipped in hot water. This is done if the pimple has already broken.
- Taking enough water that helps hydrate the skin and get rid of acne causing toxins. It is advisable to take at least eight glasses of water in a day.
- Eating balanced and healthy meals. This includes the intake of fruits and vegetables at the right amounts.
- There are products well known for treating acne. It is also very important to know that any product that contain salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide help kill bacteria on the skin, remove the dead skin and also fight acne.
- Ample sleep, regular physical exercises or body workout can increase blood flow that helps the skin to glow.
- Take control of your stress since stress causes hormonal changes that can result to acne.
- You can apply papaya or cucumber extract on acne and blemishes. It helps lighten the blemishes and also has a cooling effect.
- Application of toothpaste on the face overnight can help fight acne. Toothpaste helps lessens the inflammation and also dries the pimple making it less noticeable.
- The use of tea tree oil helps fight acne since it contains natural antibacterial compounds. This compounds help reduce acne and prevent more outbreaks. Tea tree oil is believed to fight the bacteria known as Propioni that causes pimples.
- We can use strawberry leaves to fight acne. First, soak clean strawberry leaves in hot water and leave them for about five minutes, then place the leaves for a period of one hour on the area. The leaves are highly alkaline thus lessen the swelling.
- The use of oranges, lemon and lime juices to wash affected areas can help fight acne. This is because they contain citric acid known to cure acne. Also being fruits they contain Potassium and Vitamin C.
- A mixture of honey and oatmeal can also be applied on the skin. It is also a solution to acne.